Nottingham School(诺丁汉小学) asked more than 50 students to go home on the first day, because the students didn’t wear the right clothes. The headteacher said it was an important life lesson for children.
About 100 students didn’t wear the right clothes, so the teachers asked them to stay outside the classrooms on the first day. The school made calls to the parents, 56% of the students went home to change their clothes.
The Nottingham school started to make its students wear right clothes in 2013. The headteacher, Dave Hooker said,"To wear the right clothes, at school or work, is an important lesson for their lives."
1. How many students went home on the first day?
A About 50.
B Over 50.
C About 100.
D Over 100.
2. Why did the students go home?
A Because school was over.
B Because the teachers didn’t like them.
C Because it was time for lunch.
D Because they didn’t wear the right clothes.
3. The headteacher said it was an important______lesson for children.
4. How did the parents know their children didn’t wear the right clothes?
A They knew it by letters.
B They knew it by emails.
C They knew it by telephone.
D Their children told them.
5. What’s the right order?①About 100 students stayed outside the classrooms.
②Nottingham School began to wear right clothes.
③More than 50 students went home to change their clothes.
④The headteacher said the school was doing the right thing.