1. add up 合计
2. upset vt&vi 弄翻，使…不安,使心烦,扰乱
4. calm (使)平静、(使)镇定
calm down 平静/镇定下来
5. have got to 不得不、必须
6. concern (使)担忧、涉及、关系到
be concerned about…关心，挂念
7. go through 经历、经受
8. set down 记下、放下、登记
9. a series of 一系列
10. on purpose 故意
11. in order to 为了……
12. at dusk 在黄昏时刻
13. face to face 面对面地
14. no longer/not…any longer 不再……
15. settle 安家、定居、停留
16. suffer 遭受、忍受、经历
17. suffer from 遭受、患病
18. recover 痊愈、恢复、重新获得
19. get/be tired of 对……厌烦
20. pack 捆扎，包装/包裹
21. pack (sth) up 将（东西）装箱打包
22. get along with 与……相处
23. fall in love 爱上
24. disagree 不同意
25. join in 参加
1. It was the first time in a year and a half that I had seen the night face to face. （从句时态用完成时）
2. I wonder if it’s because I haven’t been able to be outdoors for so long that I’ve grown so crazy about everything to do with nature.（强调句）
3. I stayed awake on purpose until half past eleven one evening in order to have a good look at the moon for once by myself.
4. Your friend, who doesn’t work hard, asks you to help him cheat in the end-of-term exam.（非限制性定语从句）
5. If you have some trouble (in) getting along with your friends, you can write to the editor and ask for advice.
6. Add up your score and see how many points you can get.
7. What he did has added to our difficulties.
8. His income adds up to $1000 a month.
9. It's no pleasure looking through these any longer because nature is one thing that really must be experienced.
10. Why is she so concerned about his attitude to her work?
11. The police asked him to set down what he had seen in a report.
12. As I was about to go out and search for him, he happened to come in.
13. Mr. Jones lives alone and often feels lonely.
14. We tried to calm him down, but he kept crying.
15. Does he dare (to) go out at night in such stormy weather?
16. He would go through fire and water for his country.
17. That country suffered a heavy loss in the flood.
Unit2 English around the world
1. because of 因为、由于
2. come up 走近、上来、提出
3. actually 实际上、事实上
4. base 以…为基础，根基
5. at present 目前
6. make use of 利用
7. such as 例如
8. command 命令、指令、掌握
9. request 请求、要求
10. play a part in 扮演一个角色
11. recognize 辨认出、承认、公认
12. straight 直接、挺直、笔直的
1. World Englishes come from those countries where English plays an important role as a first or second language, either because of foreign rule or because of its special role as an international language.（定语从句）
2. All languages change when cultures communicate with one another.
3. Actually, the English spoken between about AD 450 and 1150 was based more on German than present day English.
4. Would you please come up to my flat for a visit?
5. Believe it or not, he cheated in the exams.
6. Native English speakers can understand each other even if they don’t speak the same kind of English.
7. Today the number of people learning English in China is larger than even before.
8. It is the duty of a government to provide education for the children of its country. （it作形式主语）
9. Reading is one of the best ways of improving your vocabulary and usage.
10. Giving commands is less polite than making a request.
11. We asked her for directions and she told us to go round the corner on the left and keep going straight for two blocks.
12. He knows several languages, such as English, French and German.
Unit3 Travel journal
1. transport 运输、运送
2. prefer 更喜欢
3. ever since 从那以后
4. persuade 劝说
5. graduate 毕业、大学毕业生
6. finally 最后；终于
7. schedule 时间表；为某事安排时间
8. be fond of 喜欢
9. organize 组织；成立
10. care about 关心；忧虑；
11. change one’s mind 改变主意
12. journey 旅行、旅程
13. make up one’s mind 下决心
14. give in 投降；屈服
15. attitude 态度，看法
16. as usual 照常
17. reliable 可信赖的
18. at midnight 在午夜
1. My sister and I have dreamed about cycling along the Mekong River from where it begins to where it ends. 我姐姐和我一直梦想要沿湄公河从源头到终点骑车旅行。
2. The man insisted that he didn’t steal anything and he (should) be set free at once. (陈述语气、虚拟语气)
3. She gave me a determined look ?C the kind that said she wouldn’t change her mind.
4. He is so stubborn that no one can persuade him to do anything.
5. My sister doesn’t care about details.
6. She is a determined woman. Once she determines to do something, she will do it well.
7. He recorded the important events ad his afterthoughts in his travel journal. 在旅行日记中，他记下了重大的事件及自己的想法。
8. I am not familiar with this city, because this is my first visit.
9. I don’t think it is necessary for us to give in.
10. The topics of a travel journal can be different from a diary, often including people, things, and events less familiar to readers.
11. It was great fun to put up tents here.
1. right away 立刻马上
2. burst 爆裂，爆发，突然破裂
3. as if 仿佛，好像
4. at an end 结束，
5. ruin 废墟 ，使破产
in ruins 严重受损，破败不堪
6. injure 损害，伤害
7. destroy 破坏，毁坏，消失
8. shock 震惊；震动，休克
9. rescue 援救，营救
10. trap 使陷入困境，陷阱
11. dig out 掘出，发现
12. bury 埋葬，掩埋，隐藏
13. a (great) number of 大量的
1. The number of people who were killed or injured in the earthquake reached more than 400,000.（定语从句）
2. The army organized the rescue workers to dig out those who were trapped and to bury the dead. （定语从句）
3. All hope was not lost. = Not all hope was lost.（部分否定）
4. None of us were allowed to go there.（全部否定）
5. He rescued the man from drowning.
6. An earthquake left the whole city in ruins.
7. I feel highly honoured by your trust.
8. Professor Yu organized his thoughts before giving the speech.
9. Many people took shelter from the rain in the department store.
10. It seemed that the world was at an end as the earthquake destroyed nearly everything.
11. People began to wonder how long the disaster would last.
12. They used candles all the time instead of electricity.
13. The one million people of the city, who thought little of these strange events, went to bed as usual that night.（非限制性定语从句）
14. We’d better prepare him for the bad news.
15. The rubbish gave out a smelly gas.
Unit5 Nelson mandela-a modern hero
1. quality 质量，品质，性质
2. active 积极的，活跃的
3. devote 献身，专心于
4. out of work 失业
5. vote 投票，选举
6. attack 进攻，攻击
7. as a matter of fact 事实上
8. equal 平等的
9. in trouble 在困难的处境中
10. turn to 求助于
11. lose heart 灰心
12. escape 逃脱，逃走，泄漏
13. educate 教育，训练
14. come to power 掌权，上台
15. beg 请求，祈求
16. reward 报酬，奖金，奖赏
17. set up 设立，建立
18. be sentenced to 被判处（徒刑）
19. opinion 意见，看法
1. After getting up, he always drinks a glass of water, which he believes is good for his health. （非限制性定语从句）
2. The last thirty years have seen the greatest number of laws stopping our rights and progress, until today we have reached a stage where we have almost no rights at all. （定语从句）
3. In his life, he has always tried to help those who are less fortunate than himself. （定语从句）
4. Only then did we decide to answer violence with violence.（倒装句）
5. Only some of the children seemed to have understood it.
6. The school where I studied only two years was three kilometers away.
7. The parts of town where they lived were places decided by white people.（过去分词作后置定语）
8. Before he came to power, he was once put in prison for years.
9. This was my reward after working all my life for equal rights for the Blacks.
10. He was sentenced to three years in prison for stealing.
11. He set up a black law firm to help those poor black people.
12. In 1963, I helped him blow up some government buildings.
13. My family could not continue to pay my school fee.
14. He taught us during the lunch breaks and the evenings when we should have been asleep.（虚拟语气）
我专门从事中小学英语教学研究多年，如果您孩子英语学习无兴趣，学习习惯差，缺乏好的学习方法指导，成绩时起伏，请加奇速英语黄老师： QQ67381604 微信17760376675. 我愿意与大家一起分享我的经验并给与免费指导。